Do you know that you can convert Bitcoin (BTC) to DigiByte (DGB) in just a few minutes? The first thing you need to do is find a reliable platform for making secure cryptocurrency transactions.
In this article, you’re going to learn more about DigiByte and why investors are calling this cryptocurrency a threat to Bitcoin. After you have seen the advantages of DigiByte, you will learn how to carry out a DGB to BTC exchange on Godex.io.
What Is the DigiByte Cryptocurrency?
DigiByte is a security-centric cryptocurrency developed in 2014 by Jared Tate. The cryptocurrency was designed specifically to fix the existing problems with other cryptocurrencies by improving scalability, speed, security, and decentralization.
The DigiByte coin has been nicknamed “the sleeping giant of cryptocurrencies” because of its efficiency and constant development. However, the developers behind the scene have yet to release a whitepaper, even though the tokens are available for trading.
Where to Buy DigiByte with Bitcoin
There are two general options for buying DigiByte (DGB) with Bitcoin (BTC). You can either buy from a centralized cryptocurrency exchange (CEX) or decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges (DEX).
- What is a CEX? A centralized cryptocurrency exchange is a platform that allows you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. The exchange acts as an intermediary between buyers and sellers.
- What is a DEX? A decentralized cryptocurrency exchange allows buyers and sellers to connect directly for trading cryptocurrencies. There is no need for an intermediary; a DEX gives only the platform to trade.
- CEX vs. DEX: What is the difference? A CEX gives users less anonymity than a DEX. Also, the intermediary has more control over prices and many other variables of sales with a CEX, but individuals have more control with a DEX (i.e., during a DGB to BTC exchange with Godex.io).
DigiByte Wallet for DGB to BTC Exchange
The DigiByte wallet allows you to store your DGB tokens when you’re not using them for live trades or when you want to buy and hold. There are two main types of DGB wallets: the DGB Core wallet and the DGB mobile wallet.
You may also store your DGB tokens on wallets from other brands that have DGB compatibility, like Coinomi, Exodus, and Flare to mention a few.
How to Buy DigiByte with Bitcoin on the DEX Godex.io Platform
Now, let’s answer the main question of how to make a DGB to BTC exchange on Godex.io. As stated above, DigiByte is a cryptocurrency project designed to rival Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies on the market.
You can either buy BTC with DGB or DGB with BTC on Godex.io in just four steps.
- First, visit the official Godex.io website and fill in the required details on the homepage.
- You will see two bars for the amount/type of cryptocurrency you want to exchange and the expected amount.
- Fill in the details. For example, if you add one BTC in the first bar and change the second to DGB, you will see the amount of the latter.
- Click on Exchange to enter your wallet address and initiate the transaction.
Over the years, the team behind DigiByte has devoted many resources to the development and maintenance of the project. The token has real potential and would be a good fit for diversifying your portfolio.
To start a DGB to BTC exchange and vice versa on the reliable, secure, and fast service Godex.io, all you need is a wallet that accepts both currencies.