Golden milk, popularly known as Haldi doodh Or turmeric milk is an ancient Indian drink that has gained immense popularity these days in the urban cultures, thanks to the growing visibility of Ayurveda centre in Australia and yoga in the West. The ayurvedic gold milk is often called the golden milk latte Or the turmeric tea and is readily available in many coffee shops & cafes.
This bright yellow, healthy beverage is curated by heating the cow’s milk with turmeric and other healthy spices like ginger and cinnamon. Alternatively, you can also produce golden dairy with plant-based alternatives such as nut milk, coconut milk, oat milk or soy milk.
Ingredients Used For Ayurvedic Golden Milk
- One and 1/2 cups of organic milk without any added preservatives.
- One and a ½ spoon of turmeric powder.
- 1/4 tsp of ginger powder.
- One whole cinnamon stick or grounded cinnamon.
- One tablespoon ghee and 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- A pinch of grounded black pepper.
- One spoon of maple syrup, maple sugar, jaggery or honey.
How To Prepare Ayurvedic Golden Milk
For making Ayurvedic Golden milk, first, you need to:
- Heat the milk in a saucepan at a low flame. Add ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, and cardamom. Stir until mixed well. If you are new to using turmeric, begin with a lower quantity and then keep increasing the amount as you develop a taste for it.
- Now bring the mixture to a simmer and allow it to do so for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until it’s hot, smooth, Flavorful and fragrant.
- Once done, remove the saucepan from the Gas Stove. Now strain the turmeric milk over a mesh sieve into the cup. Remove the leftover solids. When the tea cools down, mix the ghee and the sweetener that you added into the milk. In case you are using honey as a sweetener, ensure that you don’t heat it. Because heated honey is known to be toxic in Ayurveda. Drink while it is still warm.
Enjoy your Ayurvedic turmeric Milk either in the early morning or at night before you sign off. This is also a great drink to enjoy along with guests and friends, especially on chilly winter evenings.
Benefits Of Golden Milk
Accorning to Ayurvedic doctor Ram mani Bhandari, Golden milk has following health benefits
Reduces Joint Pain & Inflammation
Ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon are the most crucial ingredients in golden milk. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties, which further reduces joint pain and inflammation.
Turmeric and ginger are the two main elements in golden milk, which may help in relieving indigestion. Turmeric can also help in reducing symptoms in individuals having ulcerative colitis.
Improves Immunity & Fights Infections
The elements utilised in the making golden or turmeric milk have antiviral and antibacterial properties, protecting your body from infections. Their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties may strengthen the immune system as well.
Helps In Uplifting Mood
Curcumin, an ingredient present in turmeric, highly helps in reducing symptoms of stress and depression.
Make sure to drink this beverage every day to get the best out of it.