Have you ever wondered what makes hotel towels look fluffy and perfect? Maybe it’s the fabric softener, or even it’s the way the towel has been folded. If you are to get that crisp, even towel
fold at home, you will have to do away with the towel folding technique that you have been using and try the easy and space-saving tricks that we are going to show you in this article.
By adopting the right folding method, your bathing towels can remain perfectly looking, stacked, and ready to be used anytime. The folding method that you will adopt depends on how you want to display or store your towels. Some put them on the cabinets, while others put them across the towel bar. Also, some people put them tucked away in a cabinet. Any of these storage methods will dictate the folding technique that will be most appropriate for you.
Employ these 4 towel folding techniques to display your clean towels in a neat arrangement that gives your bath space a luxurious look.
1. The classic hotel folding method
This folding method for towels creates perfectly clean edges, therefore, making it most ideal for towels that will be stored on a bench or open shelf.
- To start, spread your towel on a flat surface. Fold one of the towel’s long ends towards the center, and repeat on the other side.
- Next, fold all the short ends towards the center. Ensure that you leave a small gap where the ends will meet. This ensures that there is enough room for more folds.
- Lastly, pick up one of the ends and fold it over the other, therefore creating an amazingly beautiful folded bathroom towel. Press out the surface to be smooth and put away the towel in an open stacked display.
2. Towel bar folding method
This is a classic method that is used to fold bathroom towels that hang.
- Fold your towel into a third lengthwise.
- Fold in half, and then being the shorter end towards the center.
3. Wear-reducing folding method
This method ensures that the fluffy feel of your towel is preserved, and prevents wear and tear. If the fold for storage is completely minimized, there will be no wear along the crease which is attributed to the towel bar.
- Fold the towel in equal half length-wise
- Fold in half by width, and ensure that the short ends are placed together.
- Fold the towel in half widthwise, the last time for a wide, and ensure that you flat fold it in a manner that makes it stackable.
4. Spa-style rolling method
If you want a luxurious touch, you can display your bath towels in a spa-inspired rolled arrangement. This method ensures that towels remain tightly together hence saving space.
Spread your bath towel on a flat surface.
- Fold one of the corners diagonally towards the center, and ensure that the short and the long sides of the towel line up, therefore creating a point at one end.
- Fold the bath towel in half lengthwise, and flip it over to put the folded edges at the bottom.
- Roll the towel tightly starting from the short side that is opposite the point. After reaching the end, tuck the point firmly into the roll to help keep the towel secured.