We all are attached to the things that we have been using for a long time, right? Similarly, many people are even attached to their phone numbers. Some people just find it easier to remember the number, while others choose to stick to the number as they want to avoid the hassle of updating numbers everywhere, including their workplace, banks, etc. No matter what is your reason, if you want to keep your number the same but want to change the telecom provider, you can simply go for Mobile Number Portability. And as you are porting your number, it is always a prudent idea to go for a postpaid plan.
The postpaid plans offered by Airtel are some of the best in the market. With the Airtel postpaid plans, you will not only get unlimited calls but also data and other Airtel Thanks Benefits such as access to some of the popular OTT channels. Apart from this, porting to Airtel postpaid is very easy. You just have to follow some simple steps.
Steps to port your number to Airtel postpaid
- You first have to visit the website of Airtel
- You will now find several tabs, out of which you have to click on the Postpaid tab
- Now from the dropdown, click on Port to Airtel
- Upon clicking on it, you will find the postpaid plans available currently
- You can choose the plan that is suitable for you
- Once you buy it, you will receive notification and even a call from the executive who will pay you a visit
- The executive from the company will hand over the SIM card to you and collect all the required documents from you including your Unique Porting Code (UPC).
How your number will get activated?
- Once you receive your new Airtel SIM card, you need to wait till you get a confirmation message from your current mobile network
- After this, your current SIM card of the old network will get deactivated and you need to insert your new Airtel SIM
- Once you insert the SIM into the slot and switch on the mobile device, you will start receiving signals and can enjoy the postpaid service
How to check MNP status online?
The easiest way of tracking the porting status is through Airtel Thanks App. If you have not installed the App yet, you can very easily find it at Google Play Store or iOS App Store. Upon installing the Airtel Thanks App on your phone, you log in to the App by using your current number. Once you enter the app, on the bottom you will find a tab called ‘More’. As you click on it, scroll down a bit and you will find the option of ‘Track Requests’. Click on it and track your MNP status.
Once you have Airtel Thanks App, you can handle all your Airtel accounts from the App. It will not only save your time but all your accounts will be at your fingertips. Install the App today and enjoy Airtel services.