Most people do not give office chairs much thought even when purchasing one because it might seem like a dull and unimportant task. However, everyone should realise that this is a product they will use almost every day, whether for their workstation or study station. Because of this, you need to choose a comfortable, durable, and well-designed chair. Here is a complete guide to choosing among the many types of office chairs.
Types of office chairs
Nowadays, there are many different types of chairs that cater to people’s specific needs and wants. To give you a quick run-through of these, here are some of the most common types available in the market.
- Ergonomic chairs – This type of chair is probably the most sought after because it highly considers its user. Most ergonomic chairs come with a design meant to help alleviate back problems commonly experienced by students and workers. It also provides adequate support to the spine so that proper posture is maintained at all times.
- Gaming chairs – With the rise of online gaming, some chairs are now suitable for both working and gaming purposes. Gaming chairs also usually have ergonomic features to allow gamers to play for an extended period without experiencing any discomfort. Another noticeable feature of this chair is its overall appearance, where it looks like a race car seat with its elevated back and smooth-looking sides.
- Leather chairs – Leather chairs are usually known for being soft and comfortable because of the material used. However, this type of chair is usually more expensive than regular ones, so cost is one factor to consider when choosing a leather chair.
- Drafting chairs- This type of chair is made specifically for artists and designers who tend to sit up and down while working. Drafting chairs make it easier to shift from a standing to a sitting position because of its height.
How to decide the right type of chair
- Consider the cost and your budget – Because of the variety of office chairs available in the market, there is also now a wide range of prices that vary from incredibly cheap ones to the more expensive ones. Before proceeding with the next steps of choosing one, it is first necessary to set a budget to narrow down the choices you will have.
- Identify what you will use it for – Different types correspond to different activities that people do. To choose the right chair, you should first know what and where you will use it for because it would eventually follow that you already know which among the choices fits your description perfectly.
- Consider its durability – One important thing to consider before buying a chair is whether it will last you a long time. Of course, you will look for something that will give back your money’s worth and something that will last you for years despite everyday use.
- Think about comfort – While aesthetically pleasing chairs are indeed a great addition to your room or work area, this would be useless if you buy one that only hurts your back or neck. For this reason, you should choose one that will not only complement your room but will also be good for your body and comfort.
No matter how simple buying an office chair looks, it takes some degree of careful rationalising and deciding. Hopefully, the information discussed above will bring you one step closer to choosing the right and perfect chair for your desk.