Who doesn’t love a head full of hair? Some of us are born with thick hair, but hair loss happens due to various reasons. Some may not be blessed with thick hair. In either case, don’t despair. Thick hair doesn’t happen by salon appointments. It is rightly said, “What happens at the salon stays at the salon.” Although hair extensions are an option, I bet you would love to have naturally thick hair! You can regrow your hair by understanding why your hair is thin and by consistent regular care at home.
What can be the causes of your thinning hair?
- Nutritional deficiency
- Harsh chemicals from hair products
For hair loss accompanied by ailments, you should seek a doctor appointment to get to the root cause. Follow these home remedies and weave the magic into your hair. They can be your stand-alone remedy or can be done along with other treatments:
- Nutrition: If your diet is lacking in the proper nutrients, you can experience hair loss. If poor nutrition is the cause of your hair loss, eating the right diet with appropriate nutrients can promote hair growth. A lack of protein, zinc, iron or vitamins a, b (especially biotin), c, d, can cause hair loss. It is best to eat nutrient-dense foods to get these nutrients. Your diet should include eggs, unsweetened yoghurt, leafy greens, fresh vegetables, fatty fish and meat. However, if your hair loss is due to an auto-immune condition or hormonal problems, hospicare may be an option. The doctor may order tests and prescribe medication and supplements.
- Eggs: Wet your hair. Beat two eggs and apply to the damp scalp. Leave it on for thirty minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo. Use this treatment twice a week. The high protein in eggs may help strengthen and thicken your hair.
- Egg yolk and olive oil: This treatment works if your hair fall is due to dry hair. Combine egg yolks (from 2 eggs), 1 tbsp of olive oil and 3 tbsp of water. Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for ten minutes and rinse off with shampoo and water. Use this treatment once or twice a week.
- Olive oil: Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Massage the warm oil into your scalp and hair. Please leave it in your hair for 30 minutes and rinse with shampoo and water. Olive oil contains omega three fatty acids and other nutrients that aid hair health.
- Aloe vera gel: Rub pure aloe vera gel into the scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes. Rinse off with a mild shampoo. You can combine equal quantities of olive oil and aloe vera gel as a remedy for dry hair.
- Castor oil: Apply castor oil on the scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with a mild shampoo. Castor oil contains vitamin e and fatty acids that boost hair growth.
- Massage: Massage your scalp for about 5 minutes using a little oil. Massage twice a week. Massaging helps the hair to grow faster and is relaxing.
- Fenugreek powder: Soak 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind it to a paste. Mix it with yoghurt or coconut oil and apply it to your scalp. Leave it on for fifteen minutes. Rinse with warm water and a mild shampoo. Fenugreek seeds can also be taken orally by boiling a few seeds in water and straining. Fenugreek seeds promote hair growth and help with dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Lemon juice: Squeeze the juice of a lemon and apply it to your scalp, and massage. Leave it on for ten minutes to remove the grime and dirt from your scalp. You can also use a mixture of lemon juice and aloe vera gel and massage your scalp.
- Onion juice: Cut an onion. Blend and strain it and apply this juice to your scalp. Rinse off with shampoo after 30 minutes. Do this treatment twice a week. Onion juice contains phytochemicals that promote hair growth.
Takeaways: There are several reasons for thinning hair like pollution, exposure to harsh sunlight, chemicals, lack of nutrients in the diet and underlying health issues. The home remedies given here involve no risk and are worth trying. Natural remedies are always better than using cosmetics and chemicals.