When it comes to ensuring the proper design for your website, you need to make sure that you are checking on all the essential areas of the UX design. Similar to the other features and functionalities which are necessary for your website design, the CTA button is one of the essential areas to check on. An effective Call to Action button has the great power to drive more conversion rates to your business. Hence, you need to make sure that you are placing the CTA button in the right place with the proper responsive attributes to ensure a very top-notch UX design for your site. UX Agency can help you in better ways to let you acquire the perfect CTA button. Here is how you do it:
Pick a proper color and contrast for the CTA:
When it comes to making a CTA button highly functional, it is important to make it properly visible. As a user visits your site and goes through your content to find out that you can solve their problem. But if they fail the proper CTA button to proceed with their purchase, then it is simply going to be a huge drawback for your site. To help them figure out the CTA button easily, it is important to use significant and impressive colors. Now the question is which color to pick. Well, the red versus green color marks rightly why should keep in mind the problem of the color blind people. Usually, the red and green appear as each other’s opposite. Also, using both colors of buttons next to each other would be a mistake. It is better to consider a background color behind the button to make the contrast more appealing.
Place the button at the proper place:
Only ensuring the visible color won’t do the job alone. It is also very important to ensure that you are placing the CTA buttons in the proper place. All the buttons need to appear prominently on the page in the right place. It is better to use the button at the user’s path through the page. It is better to render a logical placement to the buttons so that they can specify its purpose of clicking. Here are the patterns that you need to follow for the placing of the button:
- Z-Pattern: You can easily find these patterns as the content is very spacious. Usually, the reader will scan the page in the form of Zorro carving. In such cases, it is important to place your CTA button along the Z line.
- F-Pattern: The F-pattern works as the most standard position for most of the sites that contain a lot of text. In such cases, the reader’s color will scan across the page from left to right. Lastly, it will go to the left before dropping down. Hence you have to place the CTA button in the F position to make it easier to access.
Consider making the button more clickable:
While placing the CTA button on your site, it is important to ensure that you make it easily clickable. Here is how you do it:
- Make sure that the button does not blend with the background. Make it easy to spot with a striking color.
- While placing the button below a text, it is better to add a margin to it to make sure that it has enough space.
- Make sure the buttons are containing texts which help the users to take further actions. Add texts like ‘join now’, ‘sign up, ‘ get started,’ etc.
- Also, the size of the CTA button matters much. Too small buttons are simply going to be unnoticed. Thus it is important to make sure that it is having a good size that anyone can notice.
Pick the shape of the button:
While picking the CTA button for your site, it is important to make sure that it has the right shape. Buttons should be rectangular to create a proper impression. Buttons with rounded corners are also great to have as it offers better performance than the other types. FAB buttons, on the other hand, are the circular buttons that float above the interface of the site. For a promoted action, you can also use the FABs for your site.
To make sure that your site is performing well and giving a better conversion rate, it is important to take care of all the important aspects. Hence while placing the CTA buttons on your website, make sure you are putting it strategically to make it acquire better performance.