The SSC GD test is the General Duty Constable examination that the Staff Selection Commission annually holds for the purpose of recruiting qualified candidates in various Government departments and Ministries across the nation. The exam is very competitive, as thousands of applicants apply each year for this prestigious position. It is a great opportunity for candidates who wish to serve the nation in uniform services of the central government.
The exam is held for positions in the GD Constable and Rifleman ranks in the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), National Investigation Agency (NIA) and Secretariat Security Force (SSF). The SSC GD Exam selection process has three stages: a computer-based test, a physical standard test and a detailed medical examination. To help aspirants prepare for the exam, we are providing a strategy and preparation tips for the SSC GD exam.
General Preparation Strategy for the SSC GD Exam
A strong study plan would enable candidates to do well on the SSC GD Constable exam. General exam preparation tips are given below:
- Make a Suitable Timetable: Making a good timetable is a very important step in strategising exam preparation. Candidates should set out specific times for each section. Less effort should be spent on the strong areas, and more time should be spent on the tough sections. When making the timetable, keep in mind your goals, your efficiency and your regular routine to make a proper and realistic timetable maru gujarat.
- Understand Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Candidates should first read and understand the most recent syllabus to determine which topics are included in each section of the computer-based exam. A comprehensive understanding of the marking scheme and the exam pattern is also very important. Based on that, make a list of the important topics, easy topics and difficult subjects.
- Clear Basic Concepts: The understanding of the fundamental concepts of the subjects mentioned in the exam syllabus is important for the candidates to answer most of the questions in the exam.
- Develop a Reading Habit: Reading a newspaper every day will help candidates to update their knowledge on a variety of subjects for the General Knowledge and Awareness section of the exam. Improving their vocabulary and comprehension of applying and using grammatical rules in the English/Hindi Language section is very important; reading a newspaper will help immensely.
- Focus on Revision: Revising the concepts learned multiple times will help the candidates to memorise the concepts better and answer the questions better in the final examination. Candidates must revise the syllabus at least three times.
- Solve Previous Years’ Papers: Solving previous years’ papers will help the candidates to analyse the pattern of the exam, the types of questions asked, important topics for the exam and the scoring section in the exam. Candidates must solve the question papers of the past ten years’ exams.
- Take Mock Tests: Solving mock papers is extremely important to increase the speed, gauge the preparation level and find out the common mistakes made during the examination. Candidates must take as many mock exams as they can and work on the mistakes made in these tests to minimise any errors in the final examination.
Subject-wise Prepaartion Tips for the SSC GD Exam
Subject-specific exam preparation tips are given below.
- English/Hindi Language: Candidates should focus on particular topics in this area, such as errors, comprehension, and the Cloze Test. This section frequently seems to be challenging and low-scoring for candidates. Nonetheless, especially in Hindi, this section is easy to score and takes less time.
- Elementary Mathematics: Maths is a very important section in deciding the final score of the candidates. Memorising tables, squares, cubes and formulae will help to solve questions better in this section. Practising different questions in a timed manner will only help to complete this section in the given time. For problem-solving, a topic-oriented scheme is beneficial. Candidates who perform well in this section have a good chance of scoring higher in the final round.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Due to the wide range of topics covered by General Awareness, SSC is free to select any topic and ask any kind of question in this area of the exam. Candidates can devote more time to studying General Science, as a lot of questions are asked from the General Science section. Since there will be questions about History, Geography, Politics, Economics and Current Affairs, candidates can study the syllabus in this section based on their areas of strength. They must make a habit of reading newspapers and magazines every day to score well in this section of the exam.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: This section is very scoring, if candidates focus on making this section their strength. Practising different types of questions and fast calculation is the key to scoring high in this section of the exam. With the right guidance and a lot of practice, candidates can gain the highest possible marks in this section.
In addition to the above preparation tips, it is extremely important that aspirants follow the right set of books to prepare for all the topics. Competing the SSC Syllabus before the exam from the right sources will help candidates to make the most of their preparation times. Aspirants must divide their study time equally among all subjects and work on the areas of weakness.
Aspirants must remember while preparing that health is the key, and therefore, they should not over-exert themselves and keep their health in check. The SSC GD Constable exam involves more than just the written exam; it also includes a test of physical and medical fitness, so aspirants must exercise regularly.