Are you dealing with the PR Crisis? You can rescue the situation by learning crisis management. Every time you have hard times for your business, you should refer to a continuity plan of actions.
One of the best examples of such crises is COVID-19. The pandemic caught many owners of businesses totally unprepared. They had absolutely no plan of actions to manage extreme changes worldwide. That is why you should take that experience as a lesson. Crisis management helps reduce the negative impact on your business and show up opportunities during difficult times.
How To Set a Plan of Actions?
Are you ready to start acting? Follow the steps to make your plan of actions during the crisis:
1. Identify all possible business risks
Identifying potential crises;
Conducting an internal audit;
Listing possible scenarios;
Developing responses to clients/partners;
Dealing with clients’ dissatisfaction.
2. Defining guidelines for corporate communication
When a crisis occurs, you have to focus on communication with your partners, clients, and team members. We live in a world which depends on technology, so do not forget to include efficient digital communication via social platforms.
3. Reacting fast to negative comments
As a business owner or a public relations professional you must set the main keys on how to implement a crisis management plan. If you have to deal with negative publicity or clients’ feedback, you have to react fast, confident, and with a positive tune. Make sure you are the only representative speaking in front of people or the media. If you let several brand representatives speak at the same time, it can create even a bigger chaos.
4. Establishing a notification/monitoring system
If your brand is present online, you should be aware of all conversations that take place online. There are many online tools showing all discussed topics and comments, which are related to your brand. If you monitor the data, you will notice the crisis arising on the horizon.
5. Testing/reviewing your crisis management plan
When you have finished your plan of actions, it is essential to review it properly, paying attention to all little details. If you work for a big corporation, the top management should review all possible scenarios of the crisis together. Such teamwork will save your brand reputation. Do not think that such detailed planning is a simple waste of time. The outcome of such an approach will save your business!
What Are the Essential Actions During Crisis Times?
Make sure that your management plan includes the following actions:
- Directly address perceptions: you must understand that the seriousness of a crisis is proportional to perception of your audience opinion. What people say about your situation is more important than what actually has happened.
- Never ignore the complaints of your clients: You should have a clear understanding of the current situation, which has caused the crisis. Knowing your clients’ concerns you are on the right way to reserve the situation in your business favor.
- Do not be afraid to express yourself emotionally: by playing with them you have good chances to interpret the mood of your target audience and make them forget their negative experience.
- Consider the point of views of your clients: make people believe that your company serves its clients and takes their interests as the top priority.
- Knowing the law: you should never violate the law in order to please your target audience. That is why it is advisable to use the services of legal advisers and PR specialists. Finding the balance is essential.