The letter D is an interesting letter in the English alphabet, and it is also one of the most regularly used letters in the English language. Everyday verbs that begin with the letter D, from dance to death, give our writing and speech an air of sophistication that we don’t always have time for. They can serve as a learning environment for those just learning the English language.
The action words that begin with the letter D are an essential collection of words that can assist you in improving your English language abilities. When we take into consideration helping verbs and connecting verbs, they go much farther than that.
When used to represent activities or states of being, it can be combined with other words to produce a slew of intriguing verbs that can be used to describe an activity and get the conversation started with bright and joyful terms. Let’s briefly look at verbs that begin with the letter D.
- Definition: produce (picture) by making lines and marks on paper with a pencil
- Synonyms: sketch, depict, etch
- Example: He drew a map.
- Definition: separate or be separated into parts
- Synonyms: cut up, part, partition
- Example: This question can be divided into several parts.
- Definition: to operate a vehicle
- Synonyms: operate, steer, maneuver
- Example: Did you let him drive your bike?
- Definition: to stop living
- Synonyms: abate, cease, perish
- Example: She died of tuberculosis.
- Definition: to remove or cancel
- Synonyms: cross out, erase, remove
- Example: Can you delete this image?
- Definition: to refuse something
- Synonyms: reject, turn down, refuse
- Example: She invited me, but I declined.
- Definition: take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow
- Synonyms: imbibe, sip, gulp
- Example: They sat by the fire, drinking our tea.
- Definition: live in or at a specified place
- Synonyms: reside, live
- Example: Many people still dwell in these caves.
- Definition: perform (an action, the precise nature of which is often unspecified)
- Synonyms: discharge, execute, perform
- Example: They have done very little work in this field.
10 . Depend
- Definition: to rely on
- Synonyms: count on, trust, bank on
- Example: You can always depend on me.
- Definition: to announce something clearly, firmly, or officially
- Synonyms: assert, announce, proclaim
- Example: They have something to declare.
- Definition: devoted to a particular task or purpose
- Synonyms: devote, apply, allot
- Example: Atlus has dedicated her life to bikes.
- Definition: purify by heating it so that it vaporizes
- Synonyms: purify, refine, filter
- Example: I managed to distill a small quantity of water.
- Definition: to become less, or to make something become less
- Synonyms: lessen, diminish, abate
- Example: The population of this country has decreased radically.
- Definition: to harm or spoil something
- Synonyms: ruin, wreck, harm
- Example: My bike was badly damaged in the accident.
- Definition: have the courage to do something
- Synonyms: challenge, confront, provoke
- Example: A story she dares not write down.
- Definition: win a victory over in a battle or other contest
- Synonyms: beat, conquer
- Example: Ali can defeat me.
- Definition: to move the body and feet to the music
- Synonyms: step, tread, glide
- Example: They went dancing at a club.
- Definition: to show or make something clear
- Synonyms: express, illustrate, make clear
- Example: She tried to demonstrate the heat she felt.
- Definition: to no longer be able to be seen
- Synonyms: vanish, fade, cease
- Example: The sun disappeared behind a cloud.
We hope that our collection of verbs that begin with the letter D provided you with some dynamite inspiration. As a result, the next time you find yourself short on verbs, the majority of verbs beginning with the letter D will undoubtedly come to your rescue.
Your vocabulary will develop as you read, and you will go from being a beginner to becoming an expert English student as a result of your efforts. As you read, check the list of verbs that begin with the letter D to learn more and do your writing and speak more original by using distinctive terms.
We’ve done all we can to guarantee that this is the best list of verbs that begin with the letter D on the internet. Continue to improve your English language skills, keep your head held high, and have a dashing and beautiful day.