Monash University is one of the eight excellent universities in Australia, which was established in 1961. According to the data provided by the authoritative TACS, Monash University ranks first among Australian universities in terms of school reputation, employment opportunities, and starting salary.
In 1994, Monash University was named the best university of the year in Australia. Monash University’s six campuses are located near Melbourne, which is Australia’s second largest city and has been named the “best city to live in” by the United Nations. Monash University has 6 campuses in Australia, with 10 faculties, namely: Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Business and Economics, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the Faculty of Science, a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered.
Among them, the MBA business school – Monash Mt Eliza Business School, is a very good business school, offering business administration and management courses. It ranks in the top three in Australia and the top 50 in the world. Monash’s MBA is very famous in Australia, and its graduates are accepted by many large companies.
- Monash University has created a dynamic and challenging learning environment for students. The university has more than 50,000 students from more than 100 countries and uses more than 90 languages, and it has one of the highest rates of international student enrolment among Australian universities. A multicultural background is very beneficial to students’ learning and can provide a good learning environment for students.
- The departments of Monash University have strong strengths:
– The University’s School of Business and Economics is the largest business school in Australia;
– The School of Engineering is also one of the largest engineering schools in Australia;
– The Law School is one of the most prestigious law schools in Australia;
– The School of Medicine, Nursing and Health is a member of many medical and biomedical research associations, and its researchers have made many major breakthroughs in medical research.
Monash University’s School of Engineering facilities are world-class, including the largest rotating tunnel in the southern hemisphere, a three-component atom probe, an 80-meter wave trough, and a $1 million supercomputer.
- Monash University has built 95 research centers and participated in 17 cooperative research centers. In addition, the university has established partnerships with 120 research institutes around the world and has established international prestige in many research fields, especially the following fields: stem cell research, nanotechnology, reproductive biology, drug development, road safety.
- As Australia’s first medical research university, Monash University received a research grant of 26 million Australian dollars from the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council.
- The Monash University Accident Research Centre is a world leader in its research field and is the largest accident and injury prevention research institution in Australia.
- John Bertrand, the world champion of speedboating, the operator of Australia’s No. 2 speedboat, is also a business person;
- Peter Costello, Australian Treasurer;
- Tony D’Aloisio, member of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission;
- Simon Crean, Deputy Minister of Trade and Regional Development, Australia;
- Teo Ming Kian, Chairman of the Singapore Economic Development Council.
In a word, Monash University is an ideal university for study – it enjoys a good reputation, provides a wonderful study environment, offers a variety of study options and has world-class facilities. If you want to study in Australia, Monash would be a good choice.